This September 2, 2005 note updates the information previously
posted on the Internet.
1. Attorneys and litigants should not send any filings or documents
to New Orleans.
2. The court will remain closed through September 13, 2005. Court
employees will continue to be in an Administrative Leave status.
3. All filing deadlines on or after August 24th through September
30th are automatically extended until October 3, 2005, and may be further
extended. Before filing, check our Internet site
4. True emergency matters, e.g. death penalty cases with execution dates, or
deportation matters with imminent and confirmed deportation dates, may be filed
by FAX at 713-250-5050, or mailed or delivered to:
Chambers of Chief Judge Carolyn Dineen King
515 Rusk Street
Houston, Texas 77002.
5. We presently anticipate opening the clerk's office for a broader range of
matters on or about September 14, 2005, at 515 Rusk Street, Houston, Texas. We
will advise you when to begin sending filings and documents and provide you the
exact mailing address, and physical office location shortly.
6. Please consult our website frequently for updated information.
Please send questions or comments to
Webmaster_ca5_at_ca5.uscourts.gov (substitute @ for _at_ ).